ONLINE! This meeting will be held via video conference.
Join via Google Meet with this link: https://meet.google.com/riw-ebdd-fvo
Join BitDevsLA for a gentle introduction to the git tool and how to use it to make a simple GitHub pull request (PR). No coding experience required.
During this tutorial we will:
- Walk you through the installation and configuration of git on your computer.
- Help you setup a GitHub account if you don’t already have one.
- Create a personal fork of the bitdevsla/bitdevsla.org GitHub repository.
- Create a local clone of your personal fork of the bitdevsla.org repository.
- Add a new discussion topic to our next Socratic Seminar blog page.
- Commit your change to your local git repository.
- Push your blog page change to GitHub.
- Create a PR to pull your change into the official bitdevsla.org repository and web page.
- View and respond to comments on your submitted PR.
- Setup ssh keys
Before the tutorial:
- Visit the bitdevsla.org blog and familiarize yourself with the seminar topics for recent meet-ups.
- Choose a new topic you want to add to the next socratic seminar, or just make something up.
- Install the git tool on your computer. If you run into problems or have questions don't worry, we'll walk through it together during the tutorial.
- Create a new GitHub account, or verify you can login to your existing account. We will also help you with this step during the tutorial.
River Financial - The best place to buy, sell, and use Bitcoin for the long-term investor. Use this link for 2 months of 0 fees: https://river.com/signup?a=PRLBLIOI.
Square Crypto - Helping make Bitcoin a widely used global currency.
Steve Myers on twitter