7:00 Networking (in meeting chat window)
7:15 Mark 'Murch' Erhardt
7:45 Socratic Seminar
River Financial - The best place to buy, sell, and use Bitcoin for the long-term investor.
Square Crypto - Supporting open-source Bitcoin development.
Indie Desk - The first coworking space in LA. They offer $275 / per month 24/7 access,
month to month, no contract. (on Twitter)
ONLINE! This meeting will be held via video conference.
Join via Google Hangouts from your browser with this link:
Join us as we host Mark 'Murch' Erhardt who is a Software Engineer at BitGo. He wrote his Master's Thesis on Coin
Selection which has been merged into Bitcoin Core. He is also an avid contributor and moderator of
bitcoin stackexchange where people can ask technical Bitcoin questions and the
answers are crowdsourced by experts.
Murch on Twitter
- Steem hijacked through the coordination of various exchanges and Justin Sun.
- Energy producers are getting into Bitcoin mining, onsite and integrated into operations.
- Bitmain announces specs of new S19 Pro w/ up to 110 TH/s
- Markets & Stimulus
- Fed cuts federal funds rate by .5%.
- Fed cuts federal funds rate by 1% to a range of 0% to 0.25%.
- Fed cuts reserve requirements for thousands of banks to zero.
- Fed injects $1.5T (and counting) into the repo market, bank use very little of that stimulus
- President of Boston Fed suggests changing the Federal Reserve Act to allow the Fed to buy a “broader set of assets.” Currently the Fed is prohibited from purchasing equities.
- Fiscal Stimulus (approved or proposed)
- 1T+ Bipartisan Deal
- 54B for airline industry (requested)
- Banks and other industries halting stock buybacks
- Stock market suffers worst single day drop since 1987, volatility continues
Bitcoin PRs ₿
- Erlay: bandwidth-efficient transaction relay protocol
- Improve coin selection for destination groups >10
Lightning PRs ⚡
- Lightning network channel abstraction (lnd)
- Dual funding in c-lightning